This recording was originally a last minute broadcast to my Facebook page, cooked up because a Nor’Easter caused a live workshop at local library to be cancelled.
I took a bunch of questions from parents, I bet you have some of them yourself 🙂
Prior to Q&A, I ran through the following agenda:
- The 529 College Savings Account And Why They’re Not All They Were Cracked Up To Be (and what to do about it if you have one)
- The Truth About What It Takes To Get Into A Top College (Hint: It’s not politically-correct, and it’s based on waaaaaay more than grades and scores)
- How To Negotiate A Better Deal With A College Even If You Couldn’t Get Your Hands On Any Compromising Photos Of The Dean
- The Screwball Reason An Expensive Private College Can Actually Cost Less Than An El Cheapo State School
- The Biggest Mistake Families Make In College Admissions And Financial Aid (and how to avoid it)
- Sh-t Your Guidance Counselor Says That Can Flat Out Sabotage Your Chances Of Admission To Your “Dream School”
- 4.5 “Loopholes,” Any One Of Which Could TRIPLE Your Eligibility For Aid
- Special Advice/Strategies For Business Owners
I mentioned/posted a few links on the broadcast, here they are:
- Free copy of my newly updated book, How To Pay “Wholesale” For College 2018-2019: www.FinancialAidBook.org
- College Negotiations and Appeals “Master Class”: www.AppealsClass.com
Enjoy, and thanks for listening!
To help out our new show, please provide some feedback – what do you think? What do you want me to cover in the future, college planning-wise?
Share your thoughts by:
- Rating this podcast in iTunes
- Leaving a comment below
- Posting on the Lockwood College Prep Facebook page: www.Facebook.com/LockwoodCollegePrep
Thanks to everyone who participated!