Financial Aid & Scholarships “Cheat Sheet”

Apps/Essays Bootcamp | Financial Aid/Scholarships Webinar

Tomorrow night, we’re holding a live web class for parents of college bound kids who think there’s no way that they can possibly qualify for financial aid or scholarships, because they earn “too much” (on paper!) and their child did not cure cancer or some other deadly disease.

If you’re ruling yourself out, you could be making a tragic mistake. Here are some strange facts about who *really* gets aid:

>>Most aid (grants, scholarships) go to the top 25% of income earners – i.e. “Forgotten Middle Class” families

>>The average tuition discount is more than 49.1%

>>At most colleges, approximately 25% of families pay “Full Boat,” subsidizing the other 75%. Which group would you rather be in (don’t answer, that was a rhetorical question) 

If you want to know how to get your hands on the grants and scholarships you need – and deserve – you should sign up for our class tomorrow night:


Here’s some of what’s on the table:

>>Four legal & ethical “loopholes” that can save you thousands

>>Special tips for business owners…and a deadly “landmine” to avoid at all costs

>>The inconvenient truth about the 529

>>How to “hide” your money from the financial aid office

>>Strange facts about the “Look Back” period

>>Changes to the FAFSA and other financial aid forms

>>How an expensive, snooty private college can actually cost less out of pocket than “cheaper” state universities

>>More, including your questions (this is live!)

Each and every year, Pearl and I speak to hundreds of parents who needlessly threw in the towel on trying to get scholarships and financial aid, which, unsurprisingly, led to paying a fortune for something that could have been picked up at “wholesale” prices.

The best defense against the overpriced, rip-off colleges is a good offense. Get your game plan in shape by joining us tomorrow night!

Please share/forward this to anybody you know who could use this info – it’s a one-time event so you don’t want to miss out!

-Andy Lockwood

P.S. Here’s the registration link, one more time.


Leave a Comment