Here’s a quick and dirty cheat cheat of questions to ask on your next college visit!
- Many college seem the same on paper, websites, etc., how would you say _____ is different than _______ (list other colleges you’re considering)
- You could have chosen other places to teach, what is it about ______ that drew you here?
- How did last years graduates who majored in _________ fare? Where are they now?
- Who were your most successful students and how would you recommend that I model their behavior?
- Who was least successful? Why – how do I avoid ending up like them?
- What question am I NOT asking that I should?
- How is the teaching? Do the profs seem like they want to be here?
- Do they make you want to learn more?
- Are the profs accessible after class if you have questions?
- How did you choose this college?
- Many college seem the same on paper, websites, etc., how would you say _____ is different than _______ (list other colleges you’re considering) – [same question asked to Department Heads/Professors]
- If you knew then (when you were a HS Junior or Senior) what you now know, would you do anything different? What do you wish you knew?
- How happy are you with the support from the career center?
- What do they not tell you on the official college tour that I should know?
- What should I be asking you that I haven’t?
- Who recruits on campus?
- Any changes from last year’s pool of companies compared to this year? Why?
- What support do you offer re: resume, interviews, alumni connections
- I’m thinking about majoring in _________, what happened to last year’s grads in that major? Two years ago?
- What advice would you give a college freshman who wants to be successful after college?
- What students or types of students were not successful landing a job or heading to grad school? Why weren’t they successful?
- What question should I have asked you, but didn’t?