This was a fun event – we went on our Facebook page and spent an hour answering questions, many of which were pre-submitted, but a ton came in on the fly.
There was zero presentation, script, slides or costumes – just me, your questions and a microphone (OK, and a laptop, Facebook feed, and Pearl helping out with chat in the other room.)
Some of the questions we chatted about included:
- Is it OK to do only two years of language in high school?
- How do you afford to send your kid to an elite, expensive college instead of crushing his dreams?
- Will the University Of Michigan negotiate merit scholarship awards?
- Do I need to push my child harder in sports?
- What are the chances you’ll get the same merit scholarship you received for Freshman year every year thereafter?
- How do we choose which college to attend – we have offers from four amazing colleges
- How important to admissions officers are: Weighted GPA vs unweighted GPA, SAT and ACT scores and extracurricular activities (clubs, sports, community service)?
And a LOT more.
In many cases, my responses were along the lines of, “That’s a good question, but here’s the REAL question you should be asking.”
I hope you enjoy this episode, I’m sure you’ll hear other parents asking the same kinds of questions – or ACTUAL questions – that you have!
Thanks for listening!
To help out our new show, please provide some feedback – what do you think? What do you want me to cover in the future, college planning-wise?
Share your thoughts by:
- Leaving a comment below
- Posting on the Lockwood College Prep Facebook page
Thanks to everyone who participated!